Do you have an air fryer? If so, welcome to the party! I resisted for a long time, but gave in during the pandemic as I cooked much more often. I purchased the Nuwave Duet Pressure Cooker Air Fryer with Combo Cook Technology which works as both an instant pot and an air fryer, so no need to buy two separate units. I love my air fryer and use it often. However, the Instant Pot capability, not so much. If you have to choose one or the other, I definitely recommend the air fryer.
1 4-5 pound whole chicken – inside packet removed
2 tablespoon All Purpose Greek Seasoning
1 whole lemon
(plus you will need cooking spray)
- Pat your chicken dry with paper towels.
- Lightly spray all sides of the chicken with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with Greek Seasoning top to bottom.
- With the breast side down, place the chicken in the air fryer basket.
- Set temperature to 360 degrees for 40 minutes.
- After 40 minutes, turn the chicken over using tongs.
- Continue cooking at 360 degrees for 10-15 minutes.
- Chicken is done when the temperature reaches 165 degrees.(Check temperature with a meat thermometer to ensure cooking is complete)
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes.
- Carve and drizzle with fresh lemon juice
- Serve and enjoy!
Additional Tip from 50Plus-Today
I like Greek seasoning with lemon juice, but you can easily substitute barbeque or Italian seasoning. Change it up for a little variety!