Love this soup! Healthy, easy, budget friendly and yummy! Decorate with sour cream for Halloween – leave off the sour cream for a special soup for company on other nights!
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1apple, cored, peeled and diced
- 1⁄2 cauliflower, cut into florets (about 2 cups)
- 2 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (4 cups)
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream (optional-for decoration)
- In a large saucepan, sautee the onion and garlic until golden.
- Add cauliflower, apples and squash and stir together.
- Add broth and spices. Bring to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- Either with a blender, stick blender or food mill, puree the soup until creamy.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- If desired, swirl in sour cream
originally published in geniuskitchen
image source: geniuskitchen