PREP TIME:10 mins
COOK TIME:50 mins
- 1 tbsp butter – low salt
- 1 small white onion
- 1 tbsp flour
- 6 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 3 cups water
- 2/3 cup chopped carrots
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 celery stalks
- 14 oz boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 4.5 oz long grain rice & wild rice combo (I like Uncle Ben’s brand)
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 4 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tbsp light sour cream
- salt and fresh pepper, to taste
Melt the butter in a large pot on medium heat, then add the onion and saute until soft (not browned), 3-4 minutes.
Add flour to the pot, saute another minute.
Add chicken broth, water, carrots, garlic, celery, brown rice and chicken thighs, cover. Simmer 20 minutes, still on medium heat.
Add the wild rice mix along with it’s seasoning packet, brown rice and mushrooms. Simmer on low, covered, for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove the chicken from the pot and shred, then return it to the pot and add sour cream
- Add more water if the soup is too thick, and adjust salt and pepper to taste if needed.
- Serve and enjoy!.
Serving: 1-1/2cups, Calories: 200kcal, Carbohydrates: 27g, Protein: 13g, Fat: 4g, Cholesterol: 42mg, Sodium: 844mg, Fiber: 2g, Sugar: 2g
recipe and image source: skinnytaste.com