Chocolate banana bundles are a fabulous treat. Simple to make and everyone loves them! Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.
Bananas and chocolate is such a irresistible combination you’ll want to make this dessert often.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 medium ripe bananas, halved lengthwise
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large cast-iron or other heavy skillet, melt butter over medium low heat to prevent burning.Stir in brown sugar until blended. Add bananas; stir to coat. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Unfold puff pastry. Cut into four rectangles. Place a halved banana in center of each square. Overlap two opposite corners of pastry over banana; pinch tightly to seal. Place on parchment paper-lined baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Drizzle with chocolate (sometimes I substitute Hersheys chocolate sauce if I’m in a rush). If desired, serve warm with ice cream.Tip: sprinkle chopped walnuts on top for an extra special treat!
1 serving: 596 calories, 31g fat (12g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 78g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 8g fiber), 7g protein.