We are all affected by the coronavirus pandemic, but some individuals more so than others. If you are able to help and wondering the best way to do so, below are a few reputable organizations accepting donations. Also, check in with your local food banks and homeless shelters to find out what resources they may need.
- Feeding America has 200 food banks and 60,000 food pantries.
- Meals on Wheels delivers meals directly to the homes of seniors.
- No Kid Hungry works to end childhood hunger in the United States.
- Coronavirus Relief Fund supports immediate and long-term relief and recovery in vulnerable communities
- United Way helps families and people in need access critical information and services like food and shelter
- Center for Disease Control (CDC)raises funds to help communities prevent and detect Covid-19, deploy emergency staff and deliver food and medical supplies to those in need who are isolated
- GoFundMe dedicated an entire section of the website to help small businesses affected by the Coronavirus
BEWARE OF SCAMS: Unfortunately, there are people who take advantage of others in times of crisis. Scams are not uncommon, especially when informal campaigns are popping up on facebook and other online venues. The FTC put together some helpful information about how to avoid these scams. READ MORE
Other ways to help
Check back as this page will be updated frequently.