So simple and easy, I often make these fruit and nut desserts when I entertain a few friends. The recipe can be doubled, so it’s good for potlucks too. Everybody loves them!
Makes 1 dozen cookies
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie crust (or homemade if you prefer and have time)
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves (substitute another fruit preserves if you like)
- 2/3 cup finely chopped dates (pitted)
- 1/2 cup walnuts (chopped finely)
- Preheat your oven to 350°. Mix together sugar and cinnamon. Unroll the crust on a lightly floured surface, then roll the crust into a 12-in. square. Spread preserves on top and sprinkle with dates, walnuts and cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Roll up jelly-roll style, then pinch seam to seal. Cut crosswise into 12 slices, about 1 inch in thickness. Place 1 in. apart on baking sheet (ungreased). Bake 12-14 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer cookies from the pan to a wire rack. Let cool and enjoy!!
1 pastry: 155 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 68mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
recipe and image source from: tasteofhome.com/