50Plus-Today is more like a curated resource for adults age 50+ than a blog, and we are supported partially by our readers. When you buy via the links on our site, including amazon.com, we may earn an affiliate commission. We do not accept incentives for our reviews; all opinions are our own.
I make these wonderfully easy (and delicious) cookies ALOT – Everybody loves them!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter, creamy or chunky, your choice
- 30 round Ritz crackers
- 1 cup milk or dark chocolate chips (I prefer dark)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Spread peanut butter on half of the crackers and top with remaining crackers.
- Refrigerate until cookie sandwiches are firm.
- Combine the chocolate chips and butter, then melt in microwave at high heat for one minute. (or if you prefer, in a double boiler over simmering water)
- After one minute, take out and stir until smooth. If not yet totally smooth, continue to microwave at 20 second intervals,always stirring when you take it out. NOTE: Since chocolate continues to melt even after removed from microwave, you risk burning it if you heat it until completely smooth without stirring.
- Dip sandwiches in chocolate mixture with tongs. Allow excess to drip off.
- Place on waxed paper
- When set, serve and enjoy!