I make these wonderfully easy (and wonderfully delicious) cookies ALOT – Everybody loves them! You’ll be amazed how simple they are.
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 30 round Ritz crackers
- 1 cup milk or dark chocolate chips (I prefer dark)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Spread peanut butter on half of the crackers
- Make sandwiches by topping with remaining crackers.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- Melt chocolate chips and butter in microwave* (or if you prefer, in a double boiler over simmering water)
- Stir until smooth.
- Dip sandwiches in chocolate mixture; allow excess to drip off.
- Place on waxed paper and let stand until set.
*TIPS FOR MELTING CHOCOLATE IN THE MICROWAVE
Microwave the chocolate at high heat for 1 minute, then at 20 second intervals, stirring after each, until totally smooth. Chocolate continues to melt once you take it out of the microwave. If you microwave it until it looks completely melted, you risk burning the chocolate. Don’t cover the bowl of chocolate pieces with a lid because it traps moisture and causes unwanted clumps.