This Garlic Butter Salmon in Foil is an ultra-easy and a flavourful dinner to make during your busy weeknights. It’s ready in less than 30 minutes and is delicious with salads and roasted veggies. Everyone from toddlers to grandparents in our family love this salmon recipe and ask for seconds! Good enough for company too!
YIELD: 4 | TOTAL TIME: 18-26 MINUTES | PREP TIME: 5-10 MINUTES
Easy Garlic Butter Salmon in Foil Recipe
- 1 ¼ pound salmon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons melted butter or melted
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley, for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. The piece of foil should be big enough to fold over and seal the fish.
- In a small bowl, add lemon juice, garlic, and melted butter or melted ghee. Whisk everything together.
- Place salmon on prepared baking sheet.
- Pour the butter mixture over the salmon.
- Season with salt, pepper, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Fold the sides of the foil over the salmon. Make sure it is well sealed so the sauce does not leak.
- Place into oven and bake until cooked for about 12-16 minutes*.
- Open the foil and broil the fish for 2-3 minutes if you like it to be a little crispy on top. Be careful not to burn the fish!
- Remove from the oven. Using a spoon, pour some of the butter sauce left in the foil onto the salmon before serve. Then, garnish with parsley.
* Baking time may vary slightly due to the thickness of fish and your oven. Check the salmon every 2 mins after the cooking time.
** The salmon cannot be wrapped in parchment paper because of the broiler step.
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 250
- Total Fat: 18.1g
- Saturated Fat: 6.9g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Sodium: 201mg
- Carbohydrates: 0.5g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Sugar: 0.1g
- Protein: 29.6g
This recipe was adapted from the awesome site Little Spice Jar.
Try this patriotic mexican dip recipe for Memorial Day or 4th of July!