Table of Contents
Easy Vegetable Soup
Looking for an easy meal for those cold fall and winter days? Try this dump and go recipe for delicious vegetable soup! Combine with a crusty bread and salad to make a hearty meal! This easy vegetable soup recipe is not only wonderfully tasty, it’s also gluten-free and dairy-free. Change out the vegetables you use as desired.
This recipe stays well in the refrigerator for 3-4 days and in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Dump and Go Vegetable Soup in the Crockpot
- 6 quart slow cooker
- 1 onion, chopped medium size
- 2 cups carrots, diced I lprefer to use fresh large carrots, peeled and diced, as they seem tastier to me than prewashed baby carrots, but sometimes, to save time, I use baby carrots and leave whole.
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 2 cups russet potatos, peeled
- 2 cups chopped green beans On a few occasions I've used frozen green beans if I didn't have fresh (defrosted before adding to pot) and it tastes fine!
- 1 15 oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes You can use regular diced tomatoes if you prefer (I like the smokey flavor of the fire-roasted tomatos)
- 2 - 3 tsp tomato paste Adjust the amount depending on how "tomatoey" you like your soup base - I generally use 2 tsp
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tsp smoked paprika Smoked paprika is different from regular paprika as it is prepared differently and imparts a strong smoky flavor. If smoked paprika is not available at your grocery store, I recommend you use chili powder or cayenne pepper as a substitute rather than regular paprika.
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 quart vegetable stock
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernals (to add at end) As with the green beans, frozen works well for the corn too. (Defrost first)
- 1/2 cup minced parsely
- 1 cup parmesan cheese - OPTIONAL serve in a bowl on the table for people to add to their soup.
- Arrange onion, carrot, celery, potato, green beans on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaf, smoked paprika, garlic powder, vegetable stock and salt and stir to combine.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook for 4-5 hours on low or 7-8 hours on high. Soup is ready when the vegetables are tender.
- Add the corn and parsley to the mix and stir to combine.
- Serve and enjoy!