How does the fortune get inside the cookie? Make them from scratch and find out. Best of all, it’s not as hard as it looks. From fun custom colors to cookies sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, your fortune cookies can look the way you want – and make any occasion seem special!
36 wonton wrappers
1/4 C oil
1/4 C sugar
36 fortunes printed on small slips of paper (3-1/2×1/4-in.)
1. Prepare fortunes beforehand on small slips of paper. You can print a full page on your computer, then cut them.
2. Paint one side of each wonton with oil.
3. Gently lay the wonton on a plate of sugar.
4. Flip the wonton over, sugar-side up. Paint the outer most edge of the wrapper with minimal water. Place fortune in the center.
5. Fold the wrapper over the wonton, gently crimping all around the edges to seal, creating a balloon of air in the middle.
6. Pick the wonton up by the ends, with the half circle hanging down. Bring the edges together, creating
the fortune cookie shape.
7. Place wonton in a cupcake tin, keeping the edges down but not pinched together.
8. Bake at 400 degrees for 5 -7 minutes. Allow to cool and enjoy!
Recipe and image Source: Taste Buds Kitchen