Recipe and image contributed by Cindy Thompson, Trimazing! Health & Lifestyle Coach
Pineapple Un-Fried Rice
Just like your favorite Thai restaurant, but whole food, vegan, and oil-free! This recipe for a healthy pineapple fried rice is easy and delicious too! As the flavors meld overnight, it is even better for leftovers. Serves 4
1 bunch green onions, sliced, white and green parts separated
3 carrots, small dice
½ red or orange bell pepper, small dice
¾ cup water
3 cloves garlic, minced or finely grated
1 inch fresh ginger, minced or finely grated, or 1¼ teaspoons ground ginger
4 cups cooked brown rice (or white rice), best if cold
1½ tablespoon soy sauce (we recommend Tamari Gluten Free Reduced Sodium Organic )
½ tablespoon pineapple juice or maple syrup
1½ teaspoon curry powder
1 cup pineapple, fresh, frozen, or canned (in juice, not syrup) cut into small chunks
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
½ cup raw cashews
¼ cup raisins
salt and pepper, to taste
⅛ cup cilantro, finely chopped
a) 14 oz firm tofu, drained and pressed, cut into ½ inch cubes
- Prep all of your ingredients so this will go fast!
- Heat a large wok or pan to medium-high heat. Add the sliced white and light green parts of the green onion and sauté about 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Then add carrots and bell pepper, sauté another 3 minutes.
- Mix water, garlic, and ginger (or ground ginger). Pour into wok with onions, carrots, and bell pepper. Stir and cook until liquid almost evaporated.
- Add cooked rice and stir. Season with soy sauce, pineapple juice (or maple syrup), and curry powder. Stir well. Add pineapple, peas, cashews, raisins, and tofu (if using). Stir fry to heat everything through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with cilantro and sliced green onion tops. Serve immediately with more soy sauce and Sriracha sauce, as desired.
Enjoy! Let us know how you liked this recipe for Pineapple Un-Fried Rice in the comment section below.
Calories: 510.7kcal | Carbohydrates: 81g | Protein: 19.5g | Fat: 13.7g | Saturated Fat: 2.2g |Polyunsaturated Fat: 4.8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5.7g | Sodium: 236.1mg | Potassium: 705.9mg |Fiber: 10.2g | Sugar: 8.5g | Vitamin A: 10623.4IU | Vitamin C: 49.1mg | Calcium: 200.2mg | Iron: 4.7mg
Leave a Reply