We love this recipe for parmesan tomatoes! Healthy and easy, it works well for either a side dish or a snack! With few ingredients, it’s easy to throw together quickly. They stay 3-5 days covered tightly in the refrigerator and can be easily reheated in the microwave. Or, just eat them cold – I actually prefer them that way. My two favorite ingredients, cheese and tomatoes, need not be warm to taste good!
Parmesan Tomato Recipe
- 2–3 large beefsteak tomatoes (make sure they are firm)
- 1 cup shredded or shaved parmesan cheese (depending on the texture you like)
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped or dried basil (I use extra for garnish)
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped or dried oregano
- 2 Tbsp fresh chopped or dried Italian parsley
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and spray baking sheet with cooking spray.
Slice tomatoes into 1/4″ slices. Arrange on the baking sheet.
Top each slice with parmesan, enough to cover the top, then a sprinkling of basil, oregano and parsley
Bake for 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly. You can broil them for an additional minute if you want the cheese to have more color.
Transfer to a serving plate and garnish with basil
Serve and enjoy!