Perfect for Thanksgiving – or any other time. This pumpkin ice cream pie is unbelievably simple to make and fabulously delicious!
- 1-1/2 cups crushed gingersnap cookies (about 30 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons ground walnuts
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cups reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, softened if necessary
- 1 cup canned pumpkin pie filling
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, mix crushed cookies and walnuts; stir in oil. Press onto bottom and up sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a large bowl, mix ice cream and pie filling until blended. Spread into prepared crust; sprinkle with pie spice. Freeze, covered, 8 hours or overnight.
1 piece: 304 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 233mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (29g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Frozen pumpkin and ginger pie in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes 2016