Craving a good whoopie pie but don’t have time to bake? Here’s a 5 star quick and easy recipe for making a delicious three-ingredient homemade filling for purchased soft cookies. (PS, there’s a peanut butter variation, too.)
Let the kids and grandkids help – so simple and they will LOVE them!
- 1/2 of an 8-ounce package reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchatel), softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 of a 7-ounce jar marshmallow creme
- 12 soft chocolate cookies or your favorite soft cookies
- For filling, in a medium mixing bowl beat cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed until smooth and fluffy. Fold in marshmallow creme.
- Spread filling on bottoms of half of the cookies. Top with the remaining cookies, bottom sides down. For firmer filling, wrap and chill about 2 hours before serving.
- Peanut Butter Whoopie Pies: Prepare as directed, except substitute 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter for the butter and use soft peanut butter or sugar cookies.