- Prep Time:30 minutes
- Cook Time:30 minutes
- Total Time:1 hour
- Servings:About 25-30 truffles
- 1 package Red Velvet Oreos
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 12 oz white chocolate melting wafers
- 4 oz semi -sweet melted chocolate wafers(optional) or container of red sprinkles (optional)
- In a food processor, pulse cookies into fine crumbs
- Add cream cheese to cookie crumbs and pulse until well blended
- Shape into 1-inch balls. (Tip – use a melon baller if you have one)
- Place in single layer in shallow parchment or waxed paper-lined pan
- Freeze 20 minutes or until firm
- Once the Oreo balls are frozen, microwave white chocolate melts in 15-second intervals until melted and smooth. (Tip – Definitely use the 15 second intervals so you don’t burn the chocolate!)
- Dip balls, using a fork, 1 at a time, in white chocolate, turning to evenly coat each ball. Spoon chocolate over the top to make sure it’s completely coated, then tap the fork on the edge of the bowl to drain excess.
- Return coated balls to baking sheet.
- OPTIONAL STEP: Melt semi-sweet chocolate and place in plastic bag. Cut tip off corner of bag. Drizzle over cookie balls. Alternatively, add sprinkles to decorate cookie balls (do it immediately, before refrigerating, if you choose to add sprinkles)
- Allow chocolate to harden – you can refrigerate to speed the process.
- Serve…or just hoard them all for yourself! If you won’t be eating them immediately (however unlikely that is…), store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.photo source: foodlion.com
photo source (top): omgchocolatedesserts.com