Roasted Cauliflower Bites
This simple recipe for roasted cauliflower has long been a favorite in my family. It makes as wonderful an appetizer as it does a side dish! So easy and so tasty!
Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Bites
- 1 Cauliflower head Medium size
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1 cup Breadcrumbs Fresh are always better if you have time, otherwise store-bought works! You can use plain breadcrumbs flavored with Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese Parmesan cheese is always best when fresh as well - and buying the cheese grated makes it easy.
- salt - to taste approximately 1/4 tsp
- pepper - to taste approximately 1/4 tsp
- basil (optional) for garnish
- Ranch dressing for dipping...if you serve as an appetizer
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat over to 400 degrees F.
- Remove all leaves from cauliflower head and wash well.
- Cut cauliflower into florets of similar size and place in large bowl.
- Melt butter and in a small bowl in microwave.
- Mince the garlic and stir into the butter.
- In a separate bowl, mix breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
- Pour butter sauce over cauliflower pieces, mixing well. Then pour breadcrumbs over all, mixing altogether.
- Place breaded pieces of cauliflower on your prepared baking sheet and roast in your preheated oven for 30- 35 minutes, or until the breading turns a golden brown.
- Transfer to a serving dish, garnish with basil if desired, serve and enjoy! If using as an appetizer, serve with ranch dressing (or another favorite dipping sauce!).
1. If you are gluten free, you can eliminate the breadcrumbs – the recipe will still be delicious! You may find the cauliflower bites are done in a little less time if made without the breadcrumbs.
2. If you don’t have a garlic mincer tool, here’s one we really like! Stainless Steel Garlic Press (You don’t need to peel the garlic before pressing it…and also, it’s easy to clean!)
Leave a Reply