Though many businesses no longer offer discounts for older adults, happily, some still do. Check out these senior travel discounts for hotels, airlines, buses, trains, cruises and rental cars!
- Best Western: Guests age 55 and higher save up to 15%.
- Choice Hotels: Guests age 60 and higher save up to 10% (advance reservations required).
- Motel 6: Guests age 60 and higher save up to 10%.
- Red Roof Inn: Guests age 59 and higher save 10%.
- American Airlines: Check American Airlines’ senior rates before you start your search by selecting “Senior (65+)” under the “Passenger 1” drop-down menu.
- United Airlines: For those age 65 and up, United offers senior fares for flights to select destinations. Ask for details when you make a reservation, or select the seniors category when you make a booking online.
NOTE: Be aware that these discounted rates may not be less expensive than some of the low rares available online to all.
- Amtrak: Travelers 65 years of age and older save 10% on most rail fares on most Amtrak trains. (Discount available at age 60 on a cross-border service operated jointly by Amtrak and VIA Rail Canada).
- Carnival: Those age 55 or older should check Carnival’s “Cruise Deals for Seniors” calendar before you book. Check the “Age 55+” box under “VIFP Offers & Extra Savings” to filter results.
- Greyhound: Travelers age 62 year or higher can save 5% on fares.
- Peter Pan Bus Lines: Riders age 62 years any up receives 15% off full adult fares.
- EZ Rent A Car: After age 50, receive a 10% discount when you book your reservation online using the applicable coupon code from EZ’s coupons webpage.
- Hertz: Save up to 20% on base rates after age 50.
- Sixt: Save up to 5% after age 50. Discount is applied automatically when you book through their Senior Car Rental Discount page
- Thrifty Car Rental: Book in advance to save 5% discount on time and mileage charges.
Let us know if you know of others! You can leave the information about senior travel discounts in the comment section below.