Enjoy strawberry picking? Like Rosemary? I recently went to a pick-your-own strawberry farm and came home with far more of these lucious berries than my family could ever eat. These tangy-sweet frozen yogurt pops were a creative way to use them – and are refreshing and delicious! The options are endless. Try using other yogurt flavors like lemon, raspberry or blueberry. You may also substitute your favorite herb for the rosemary—or simply omit it.
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) vanilla yogurt
- 6 freezer pop molds or paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop or lollipop sticks
- In a small bowl, mix strawberries, vinegar, preserves and rosemary. Let stand 30 minutes; discard rosemary.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons yogurt and 1 tablespoon strawberry mixture into each mold or paper cup. Repeat layers. Top molds with holders. If using cups, top with foil and insert sticks through foil. Freeze until firm.
1 pop: 81 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 42mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.