Everyone loves this patriotic watermelon feta flag salad – and makes a great red, white and blue all-american centerpiece! Refreshing, easy and FUN!
Makes 12 servings
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 6 cups fresh arugula (about 5 ounces)
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 5 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 package (8 ounces) feta cheese, cut into 1/2-in. cubes
For vinaigrette, in a small bowl, whisk the first 6 ingredients; gradually whisk in oil until blended. Stir in onion.
In a large bowl, lightly toss arugula with 1/4 cup vinaigrette. Arrange evenly in a large rectangular serving dish.
For stars, place blueberries over arugula at the top left corner. For stripes, arrange watermelon and cheese in alternating rows. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Originally published as Watermelon Feta Flag Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016
Photo source: Watermelon Feta Flag Salad Recipe photo by Taste of Home