- AMERICAN EAGLE: 15% to 25% off one item, depending on membership level. Sign up for Real Rewards.
- BANANA REPUBLIC: Free birthday gift. Sign up for Banana Republic Loyalty Rewards.
- DSW: $5 to $10 off, depending on membership level. Sign up for DSW VIP.
- EDDIE BAUER: Free birthday gift. Sign up for Adventure Rewards.
- FINISH LINE: Free birthday gift. Sign up for the Status Loyalty Program.
- FOOT LOCKER: Free surprise birthday gift. Sign up for FLX Rewards.
- GAP: Free birthday bonus perks. Sign up for Gap Good Rewards.
- GYMBOREE: 20% to 25% off for your birthday. Sign up for My Place Rewards.
- H&M: A free birthday treat. Sign up for the H&M Loyalty Program.
- J. CREW: $10 to $20 discount code, depending on membership level. Sign up for J. Crew Rewards.
- JCPenney: Free birthday gift. Sign up for JCPenney Rewards.
- KOHL’S: Receive $5 Kohl’s Cash for your birthday when you sign up for Kohl’s Rewards. Join Kohl’s Rewards.
- LACOSTE: Birthday discount. Sign up for Le Club Lacoste.
- LANE BRYANT: Birthday offer. Sign up for Lane Rewards.
- LORD & TAYLOR: 100 points on your birthday. Sign up for The VIP Club.
- MACY’S: Birthday surprise. Sign up for Macy’s Star Rewards.
- OLD NAVY: Free birthday gift. Sign up for Navyist Rewards.
- REEBOK: $10 or $20 off a purchase of $50 or more, or $30 to $40 off a purchase of $75 or more, depending on membership level. Sign up for Reebok UNLOCKED.
- SOMA: Birthday offer. Sign up for Soma Rewards.
- TARGET: Get 5% off a single purchase, valid for up to 30 days after your birthday. Sign up for Target Circle Rewards.
- THE CHILDREN’S PLACE: 20% to 25% off, plus automatic entry into a $50 gift card drawing for each birthday month and additional partner perks (up to 4 children’s birthdays per profile). Sign up for My Place Rewards.
- AVEDA: A free 30 ML. Aromatic Nourishing Composition Oil with a purchase made in the 12 months preceding your birthday month. Join the rewards program.
- BENEFIT COSMETICS: A free brow arch service the week of your birthday. Call your local Benefit for more information.
- CVS: Shoppers who sign up for ExtraCare Beauty Club receive ExtraBucks Rewards on their birthday. Join the ExtraCare Beauty Club.
- KIEHL’S Free birthday gift. Sign up for Kiehl’s Family Rewards.
- LANCOME: Free surprise birthday gift. Sign up for Lancome Elite Rewards.
- SEPHORA: Birthday gifts such as a makeup or skincare product with online signup and previous purchase. Become a Sephora Beauty Insider Member
- THE BODY SHOP A $10 reward to use during your birthday month. Join the Love Your Body Club.
- ULTA: A free beauty gift on your birthday. Join the Ultamate Rewards program.
More Birthday Freebies
- BUILD-A-BEAR: – Birthday surprise for every birthday on your account. Sign up for the Bonus Club.
- KENDRA SCOTT JEWELRY: Kendra Scott Insiders receive a birthday discount of 50% off one piece of jewelry, plus additional discounts. Become a Kendra Scott Insider.
- PETCO: A surprise treat for your pet’s birthday…because why should you get all the freebies?! Join the Vital Core program.
- VERA BRADLEY: 25% off, in email. Sign up for VB Emails.
Freebies for Your Birthday at Shoe Stores
Several shoe stores offer birthday rewards for their loyal customers. Here are a few we found.
- FAMOUS FOOTWEAR: $5 birthday reward cash and 2X points per dollar on all purchases during your birthday month. Sign up for Famously You Rewards.
- RACK ROOM SHOES: $10 reward to use during your birthday month. Sign up for Rack Room Rewards.
Entertainment and Leisure – Free Stuff for Your Birthday
Looking for free stuff for your birthday related to entertainment and leisure? Here are a few good ones we found.
- ALAMO DRAFTHOUSE: A free sweet for your birthday. Sign up for Victory Benefits.
- AMC THEATRES: A free popcorn (and, for higher tiers of the free membership program, a large fountain drink, too) during your birthday month. Join AMC Stubs.
- ANGELIKA THEATRES: 1 Day of free endless popcorn for yourself and 1 guest during your birthday month. Sign up for Angelika Membership.
- REGAL THEATRES: Free popcorn on your birthday. Sign up for the Regal Crown Club.
How Did Birthday Freebies and Discounts Become a “Thing”?
The tradition of offering birthday freebies and discounts evolved and is now an important component of marketing strategies for many organizations. Businesses use these programs to attract and retain customers, foster loyalty, and create positive brand associations.
The concept of customer loyalty dates back to the late 18th century when retailers would give out copper tokens to customers as a reward for their frequent visits. These tokens could be redeemed for goods on their next visit. This laid the foundation for the idea of rewarding loyal customers. In the mid-20th century, retail businesses started using promotions and discounts to attract and retain customers. This led to the introduction of special offers on customers’ birthdays as a way to show appreciation for their patronage.
With the rise of chain restaurants and businesses in the mid-20th century, many of these establishments began offering birthday freebies and discounts as a way to differentiate themselves from competitors and build customer loyalty. Later, as technology advanced, businesses started collecting more customer data and adopted targeted marketing strategies. Offering birthday rewards became a way to personalize marketing efforts and build stronger customer relationships.
Loyalty programs became increasingly popular as the years went on. Businesses across various industries, including restaurants, retail, and online services, began offering birthday rewards as part of these programs to encourage customers to sign up and keep coming back. The advent of social media and digital marketing further popularized birthday freebies. Businesses found it easier to promote these offers online, reach a wider audience, and encourage customers to share their experiences, thus creating buzz around their brands. Over time, customers came to expect birthday rewards as part of their interactions with businesses. More and more businesses adopted these practices to remain competitive.
In essence, birthday freebies and discounts are now a common marketing tool for businesses. It’s a win-win situation where businesses benefit from increased customer retention and word-of-mouth marketing while making their customers feel special.
Ready to Get Some Free Birthday Stuff?
Growing older has its perks, and one of them is enjoying a variety of birthday freebies and discounts from businesses that appreciate your patronage. Whether you’re craving a delicious meal, a sweet treat, or a new outfit there’s something for everyone to enjoy on their special day. So, go ahead, embrace your age, and take advantage of these fantastic birthday offers!
And if you know of others that we should add to the list, please share in the comment section below!