The Good Old Days…
A friend sent me this post she found online from an anonymous source. Most of these sentiments are from before my time, but I remember my parents made reference to some of them! How about you? Do you remember them?
- Did you hear the post office is thinking about charging 7 cents just to mail a letter?
- If they raise the minimum wage to $1.00, nobody will be able to hire outside help at the store.
- When I first started driving, who would have thought gas would someday cost 25 cents a gallon? Guess we’d be better off leaving the car in the garage.
- Did you see where some baseball player just signed a contract for $50,000 a year just to play ball? It wouldn’t surprise me if someday they’ll be making more than the President.
- I never thought I’d see the day all our kitchen appliances would be electric. They’re even making electric typewriters now.
- It’s too bad things are so tough nowadays. I see where a few married women are having to work to make ends meet.
- It won’t be long before young couples are going to have to hire someone to watch their kids so they can both work.
- I’m afraid the Volkswagen car is going to open the door to a whole lot of foreign business.
- Thank goodness I won’t live to see the day when the Government takes half our income in taxes. I sometimes wonder if we are electing the best people to government.
- The fast food restaurant is convenient for a quick meal, but I seriously doubt they will ever catch on.
- There is no sense going on short trips any more for a weekend. It costs nearly $2.00 a night to stay in a hotel.
- No one can afford to be sick anymore. At $15.00 a day in the hospital, it’s too rich for my blood.
- If they think I’ll pay 30 cents for a haircut, forget it.
The year was 1955
What are your memories of days gone by? Can you relate to those above? Do you have others to share? Share this post with your friends, children and grandchildren – they’ll enjoy reading through them.
source unknown – if you know where this wonderful piece came from, please let us know!