Confetti Bean and Rice Salad
Looking for a simple to make vegetarian entree? This confetti bean and rice salad is the perfect recipe, bursting with both flavor and color. It’s a great dish to bring to a potluck dinner, but we recommend you double the recipe as it will go quickly!
Protein-Packed Confetti Bean and Rice Salad
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 3/8 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sugar I use 1/2 tbsp Stevia instead of regular sugar
- 1 - 2 clove garlic, minced Depending on the size on the clove and how much you enjoy garlic!
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/8 tsp pepper
- 4 cups basmati rice You can substitute any kind of rice you like or happen to have on hand - we like the fluffiness and unique flavor of basmati rice
- 1 14-16 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14-16 oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 14-16 oz can corn, rinsed and drained Substitute frozen corn if you prefer!
- 5 green onions, sliced
- 1 fresh red pepper
- 1 fresh green pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced If you don't like cilantro, you can use parsley instead
- Dressing: Whisk together oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic, salt, ground cumin, chili powder and pepper
- Salad: In a separate bowl, combine beans, corn, green onions, peppers and cilantro. Pour dressing over salad (note: we seldom use all of the dressing, usually just enough to coat the ingredients. So try a portion, taste, then add more if you like. It's nice to have extra anyway - the dressing is delicious and has a bit of a tang. Keeps well in the refrigerator and we often use it on other salads).
- Refrigerate until ready to use.