Pan Fried Flounder
With this delicious pan fried flounder recipe, you’ll feel like you are in a fancy restaurant! Make it for family or make it for company, either way it will be a big hit.
- 4 skinless flounder-fillets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Flour, for dredging fish
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 small bottle capers
- Wash fillets in cold water and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dredge fillets in flour. Place oil and 2 tablespoons butter in flat, heavy-bottomed skillet and heat on medium-high until butter melts. Keeping heat at medium-high, cook fish on 1 side about 3 minutes (more or less, depending on size of fillets), until deep brown and crispy. Turn fish and cook on second side, about 3 minutes. Turn fish only once.
- Remove fish to serving platter. Turn off heat. Into hot skillet, whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Add lemon juice. Pour in capers, liquid and all. Whisk. Pour thin sauce over fish fillets. serve at once.
NOTE: Add colorful garnishes like tomatoes and mint leaves for an extra special dinner. We often add artichoke hearts too for a little something extra!
Sea Breeze, Fish Market and Grill is the go-to restaurant for fresh delicious fish all year round!
NOTE: Sea Breeze Fish Market and Grill, located in Plano, Texas is a family owned fresh seafood restaurant that aims to please. They offer fabulous DIY kits and take-out EVERY WEEK. If you live in the DFW area and are not familiar with Sea Breeze, you are missing out! More recipes are available on their blog. Call 972-473-CRAB (2722) for more information
Follow Sea Breeze on facebook
Leave a Reply