50Plus-Today is more like a curated resource for adults age 50+ than a blog, and we are supported partially by our readers. When you buy via the links on our site, including amazon.com, we may earn an affiliate commission. We do not accept incentives for our reviews; all opinions are our own.
Pan Fried Flounder
With this delicious pan fried flounder recipe, you’ll feel like you are in a fancy restaurant! Make it for family or make it for company, either way it will be a big hit.
- 4 skinless flounder-fillets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Flour, for dredging fish
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 small bottle capers
- Wash fillets in cold water and pat dry. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dredge fillets in flour. Place oil and 2 tablespoons butter in flat, heavy-bottomed skillet and heat on medium-high until butter melts. Keeping heat at medium-high, cook fish on 1 side about 3 minutes (more or less, depending on size of fillets), until deep brown and crispy. Turn fish and cook on second side, about 3 minutes. Turn fish only once.
- Remove fish to serving platter. Turn off heat. Into hot skillet, whisk in remaining 1 tablespoon butter. Add lemon juice. Pour in capers, liquid and all. Whisk. Pour thin sauce over fish fillets. serve at once.
NOTE: Add colorful garnishes like tomatoes and mint leaves for an extra special dinner. We often add artichoke hearts too for a little something extra!
Sea Breeze, Fish Market and Grill is the go-to restaurant for fresh delicious fish all year round!
NOTE: Sea Breeze Fish Market and Grill, located in Plano, Texas is a family owned fresh seafood restaurant that aims to please. They offer fabulous DIY kits and take-out EVERY WEEK. If you live in the DFW area and are not familiar with Sea Breeze, you are missing out! More recipes are available on their blog. Call 972-473-CRAB (2722) for more information
Follow Sea Breeze on facebook