Grilled Halibut Recipe
We love this simple and easy halibut recipe! Halibut is a firm white fish with a mild taste. Did you know it is not only a good source of high quality protein and omega 3 fatty acids, it also can provide more than one-third of your dietary needs for multiple vitamins and minerals? These nutrients include selenium, niacin, phosphorus, magnesium and vitamins B12 and B6.
Sea Breeze, Fish Market and Grill is the go-to restaurant for fresh delicious fish all year round!
GRILLED HALIBUT WITH GARLIC AND THYME BUTTER
4 4-6 oz skinless halibut fillets (fresh is always best if possible!)
salt to taste
pepper to taste
Garlic Thyme Butter
3 cloves garlic cloves minced
4 T unsalted butter melted
1 T fresh thyme
juice of 1 whole lemon
- Preheat your grill 375 degrees F (about 10 minutes).
- Place the halibut fillet in a shallow baking dish. Combine all of the ingredients for the butter in a small bowl and pour over your halibut fillets.
- Gently toss the fillet to ensure all sides are evenly coated in the butter. Season all sides with freshly cracked pepper and salt.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil. Pinch the paper towel between tongs and wipe it on the grates of your grill to prevent the halibut from sticking while it grills.
- Place the seasoned halibut directly on the grill grates. Close the lid and grill for 5-7 minutes. Flip them, close the lid, and grill until the internal temperature of the halibut reads 145 degrees F. You’ll know the fish is done when it’s opaque and just starts to flake.
- Remove the grilled halibut from the grill. Serve hot with lemon wedges.
NOTE: Sea Breeze Fish Market and Grill, located in Plano, Texas is a family owned fresh seafood restaurant that aims to please. They offer fabulous DIY kits and take-out EVERY WEEK. If you live in the DFW area and are not familiar with Sea Breeze, you are missing out! More recipes are available on their blog. Call 972-473-CRAB (2722) for more information
Follow Sea Breeze on facebook