Portobella Mushroom and Polenta Stacks
- 4 large Portobello Mushrooms - 5" in Diameter washed and stems removed
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 4 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh basil leaves minced
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tube Polenta (18 oz) cut into 12 slices
- 4 Slices Tomato large
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese grated
- 1 bunch Basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400.
- STEP 1: Heat oil over medium heat in a small saucepan.Add garlic and cook until tender stirring frequently about 1-2 minutes. Do not allow the garlic to brown. Add vinegar to the pan, stir, then remove from heat. Stir in minced basil leaves.
- STEP 2: Place the four mushrooms in a 13 x 9 baking dish gill side up. Brush with vinegar mixture, then sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top each mushroom with 3 polenta slices and one tomato slice. Sprinkle each generously with parmesan cheese.
- STEP 3: Bake uncovered about 20-25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Garnish with basil leaves, serve and enjoy!