What a beautiful salad! And incredibly easy with only 2 steps! It’s a healthy dish, good any time of year. You can add shredded rotisserie chicken to make it a main dish.
- 5 – 8 large tomatoes, cut in wedges (or you can use grape tomatoes for a different look)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained ( I usually use less)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced (dry parsley flakes work too, but definitely tastes better with fresh)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red onion, sliced (optional)
- Feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
- Cut tomatoes into wedges, mince parsley and cloves. (slice red onion if using in the recipe)
- Arrange tomato wedges on a large platter; sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. In a small bowl, toss remaining ingredients; spoon over tomatoes.
TIP: In my family, everything’s better with feta! Sprinkle feta cheese over salad for a little extra flavor!
image from Melissa Walker Horn at unsplash.com